Sunday, July 26, 2009

grad. schools

So I've been thinking about grad. school a lot lately. And I've been nervous about it too, considering that my graduating G.P.A. wasn't the best. But I talked with a good friend about that issue and she told me that as long as I have some good, strong recommendation letters, I should be okay. So I'm really going to pray for that, because I really really want to go to grad. school. I also hope that they will consider good G.R.E. scores (I haven't taken it yet but I hope to do well, God willing) and also consider that the college I went to wasn't fair in their decisions. (I'm pretty sure that they didn't even bother considering my hardship appeal that I had asked for a very legitimate reason).
But anywho, I actually had something really unusual (in a good way) happen in regards to furthering my education. Just the other day, I had this feeling in my heart and my gut/6th sense that I should consider colleges in...England. No joke. It just hit me that I should branch out and look at College's beyond the US. And this feeling that I have isn't just a fleeting one. It's so weird to me, but I've never felt so strongly about anything. And after doing some research, I actually found one that I like a lot--it's called King's College, London and they even offer grad. programs in Psychology! (A lot of universities are only offering Psychiatry). I'm still trying to think in a levelheaded manner about all this. I mean, there is a chance, maybe even a strong chance I won't get in--but I won't know unless I try at least. That way I won't go "what if...what if" by not applying. So yeah, I'm definitely going to look into this further & keep you guys updated on that. Wish me luck! =)

(Isn't England just lovely? =] )

7 comments:

Shaye said...

Please please please go to England!!! That would be a once in a lifetime thing. You'd absolutely love it, AND I could visit you!!

Definitely over-apply. :]

Sarah said...

Aww thank you so much for your comment, Shaye! Oh and please keep this on the down-low. I don't want anyone to really know until stuff is confirmed. AKA I hopefully get accepted somewhere, heck anywhere there, and I am about to catch a plane to go there. :]

I think it would be just WONDERFUL if I'm able to go there! It would be just the change I need!
NYC is amazing and all, but I'm slowly realizing that that was more of a dreaming/hoping thing for me. If I end up there--that would be good. But I don't feel that...that desperation to be there anymore. You know?
I just feel so much more...concrete about this.
I'm gonna pray for a sign for sure & just for whatever is good for me/written in my fate to happen. =]
And heck YES you better visit me if I end up there!! :D

And I will most certainly over-apply! lol
Thank you SO much once again for all your input, sweetie!

Shaye said...

I'll definitely keep it on the DL. I know big decisions like this need some time to simmer before everyone knows about it.

I would absolutely love to go to college in England. I think it'd be a wonderful experience. It would definitely trump going to NYC, for sure! I'm still hoping to end up in NY but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. It is a dream for me, but I hope it will manifest.

I really hope it works out for you! I'll definitely visit you. I know you can get there. :D

Sarah said...

Thank you so much, sweetie! I really appreciate that!
You echoed my sentiments down to a t! It's like you read my mind or something! :)

And thank you once again! I hope I'm able to make it there and really enjoy it too! & you've gotta be there for the HP Deathly Hallows final film premiere! =]

Shaye said...

It would be a BLAST. :D

Sarah said...

Amen to that!

And OMG I have to tell you that last night I had a dream that you and I got into Hogwarts! :D & both of us were in Gryffindor-woo hoo!
Only...it was a different kind of Hogwarts. It was more like a College campus--but very British.
So you and I we're walking around trying to buy more Gryffindor stuff (we have on their colors already but we need to get more team spirit-y stuff I think). And we're a bit lost too, but still really excited that we got accepted.
And then I woke up.
haha
Random, I know. o_O
I think I need to cut down on looking at Grad. Schools in England for a few days. ;)

Shaye said...

OMG. Awesome dream. I wish I could've had it! haha

That would be soooo awesome!!! ^_^

-goes off to imagine-

Gryffindor. :D